Villa Rentals - Tuscany - Prov. Sienna
- AT GLANCE: Nice 16+2 people villa rental in San Gimignano, Tuscany, with swimming pool
- LOCATION: Countryside, 7.5 km from S.Gimignano, Tuscany
- ACCOMMODATION: 8 Bedrooms, 8 Bathrooms, 403 sq.m.
- AMENITIES: Swimming pool 14x7, Jacuzzi area, parking, wine tastings, laundry, dishwasher, fridge, oven
Large farmhouse and its two outbuildings which have been tastefully renovated with care in accordance with the ancient structure and original materials. Peaceful position in the middle of a pretty farm of 400ha where Vernaccia, a white wine typical of the San Gimignano area, and olive oil are produced. Beautiful views of the countryside and the Chianti hills on the horizon. It is possible to purchase farm products. Final cleaning charges are included in the rental price. Access to the grounds by means of 1.5 km of unpaved road. Comfortably furnished. Central independent heating in each accommodation.
- Distances: San Gimignano with all kinds of shops 7.5km, horse riding 10km, Castelfalfi with golf course (18 holes) 19km, the Etruscan city of Volterra 30km, Siena 47km,Florence 62km, Marina di Cecina with public and private beaches 71km, Pisa (airport) 79km. Arrivals on Saturday before 7.00 p.m.
Main house (sleeps 12) 325m².
- Ground floor: entrance, large living/dining room (for 12) with characteristic ceiling with small vaults, fireplace, and access to the grounds, small lounge (TV), dining room (for 6), kitchen (oven, freezer, dishwasher) with fireplace/barbecue, a twin bedded room with access to the outside, bathroom with shower (window).
- First floor: hall/living room, three double bedrooms and two twin-bedded rooms each with en suite bathroom with shower (window), WC.
Outbuilding 1 (sleeps 2 + 2) 62m².
- Ground floor: living/dining room with double sofa bed, fireplace and open kitchenette (oven, freezer) with access to the grounds, WC.
- First floor: one double bedroom, one bathroom with shower (window).
Outbuilding 2 (sleeps 2) 16m².
- Ground floor: small room with dining table (for 2), small fireplace and cooking area (oven, washing machine), one bedroom with small double bed (140cm) and en suite bathroom with shower (window).
At the guests disposal: large garden with equipped and fenced-in lawn, swimming pool (7m x 14m, depth 1.10m - 1.40m, open 1/05 - 30/09) with jacuzzi area. Reception (Telephone) 1.5km away, open Monday to Friday 9.30a.m. - 12:30p.m., Saturday 4:00p.m. - 7.00p.m., closed Sunday. Covered parking on premises. Please request when booking: baby-bed (included in the price), breakfast service and cooking lessons (pay for on site). Once a week the guests are invited to wine tasting (Vernaccia, Chianti and Brunello wines) in the owner's family's farm, 2km from San Gimignano. Bedrooms: 8 Bathrooms: 8 Nr. Persons: 16+2 m²: 403.
Weekly prices (7 nights)
|LOW SEASON||MID SEASON||HIGH SEASON
|€ 4.265,00||€ 4.870,00||€ 5.990,00|
Deposit: € 500,00
Heating on consumption
Low season: 05/01 - 23/03 // 06/04 - 27/04 // 28/09 - 21/12 // 23/03 - 06/04 // 21/12 - 04/01/2014
Mid season: 27/04 - 01/06 // 01/06 - 29/06 // 31/08 - 28/09
High season: 29/06 - 31/08
THE DISCOVERY OF SIENA, THE CRETE SENESI TERRITORY AND THE PARK OF VAL D'ORCIA
A postcard-territory, so you can define the province of Siena, that from the south of Chianti stretches towards the border of Umbria. Soft hills and picturesque landscapes look almost lunar. In these counties there are many villages of natural and cultural interest. The most famous ones are Montalcino, Pienza, San Casciano dei Bagni, Chianciano Terme, Cetona, Montepulciano, Buonconvento, Asciano, San Quirico d'Orcia.
- Sienna: the city itself is worth a visit. Piazza del Campo with its high Torre del Mangia, the Duomo, the Baptistery of San Giovanni, the Piccolomini Library, the Italian Wine Bar and all the noble palaces. Also interesting is the whole countryside with Renaissance villas: Villa Pavo, Villa Gori, Villa Flora, Villa Chigi and Villa Apparita. Do not miss the double summer appointment with the famous Palio (horse race in Piazza del Campo). For bike lovers, we recommend a ride along the way to Gaiole in Chianti from Sienna, renamed "L'Eroica". We also recommend a drive through these beautiful landscapes and villages.
Other destinations recommended:
- Montalcino: the country of the famous Brunello, a wine popular all over the World. This territory is rich in vineyards and beautiful farms. There is also a special train (Montalcino express) that runs all over the place. Castello Banfi, Castello di Argiano, wine tastings of Brunello, the local Museum of Glass and Bottles.
- Pienza: Other UNESCO world heritage site, distinctive for its amazing downtown and its specialties (the pecorino cheese in particular) and taverns.
- Bagno Vignoni: cute little town near Montalcino and Pienza, with its large water square, int the center of the village. Just outside the city are instead the ancient Roman Baths and a picturesque waterfall of spring water.
- Some of the most beautiful villages in Italy: Cetona, Buoconvento, San Casciano dei Bagni (resort with one of the best spa in Europe but also with areas of old water sources free to the public).
- Montepulciano and Chianciano Terme: the village of Montepulciano is very nice and also has traditional gastronomic tradition. From here the road leads to the lands of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, a red wine with great personality.
Chianciano is a modern town with a very popular and large spa resort.
- Castelnuovo Berardenga: town located south of the other towns. Worth a visit arethe park of Villa Saracena, the Certosa di Pontignano and the town of San Gusmè. We also recommend a visit to the Landscape Museum.
For those who love nature:
Sovicille Museum of the Forest
Murlo Mine Railway
Nature Train (an ancient train, with vintage wagons, crossing the Val d'Orcia near Siena, Asciano, Monte Antico, Civitella Paganico)
For those who love sports:
Etruria Golf Club: Via del Poggiolo, 1 Torrita di Siena
Bike Route "L'Eroica", ph +39 0577.280551
Berardenga Horsemanship - Siena
Monte Amiata Skiing, ph +39 0577.775811
For those who love spa:
San Casciano dei Bagni Spa
San Filippo Spa
San Giovanni (Rapolano) Spa
CHIANTI, THE HEART OF TUSCANY
Chianti is a part of Tuscany, enclosed in a geographic triangle among the city of Siena, Arezzo and Florence. The heart of Tuscany is well known throughout the world thanks to its good food, a great wine production (mostly red) and the artistic and cultural richness of its territory. The most important towns in Chianti are Mercatale, Greve in Chianti, Radda and Castellina in Chianti, San Casciano in Val di Pesa, Gaiole. Other towns near Chianti (in the near Crete Senesi county) are San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Colle Val d'Elsa.
Suggested destinations in Chianti:
- San Gimignano: UNESCO World Heritage town, with its beautiful towers that characterize its medieval skyline. Amazing downtown to walkabout.
- Monteriggioni: an admirable example of old town, literally surrounded by ancient walls and immerged in a beautiful scenary. Recommended a visit during the annual event of "Medieval Monteriggioni".
- Colle Val d'Elsa: Town halfway between old and new, famous for its production and processing of crystal.
Suggested destinations further north, south of Florence, in the "Florentine Chianti":
- Castellina in Chianti and Greve in Chianti: two towns in an area of fertile wine production and rich in churches and landscapes. Along the route between these two towns there are important archaeological sites, such as the Necropolis of Poggino.
- Gaiole in Chianti: in the ancient times, Radda in Chianti, Castellina and Greve all belonged to the League of Chianti. Gaiole and its surroundings offer beautiful scenery of green vineyards and many ancient fortifications, such as Pieve di Santa Maria, the Abbey of Coltibuono, and the castles of Vertine, Cacchiano, Meleto, and Brolio.
For those who love nature:
We recommend any route over the Chianti hills, and the "Road of Chianti Classico", considered the heart of Chianti.