Villa Rentals - Tuscany - Prov. Sienna
- AT GLANCE: Nice 8+2 people villa rental not far from Sienna, Tuscany, with swimming pool
- LOCATION: Countryside, around Sienna, Tuscany
- ACCOMMODATION: 4 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, 350 sq.m.
- AMENITIES: Swimming pool 12x6, garden, TV, barbecue, laundry, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, oven
Old but renovated farm house situated in the centre of a completely enclosed property of 2.5 hectares rich in woods and fruit and olive trees. Dominant and peaceful position, even if a busy road passes by at some distance in the valley below. The house is surrounded by a naturally terraced garden with a sunny fenced-off pool, shower and barbecue. Access via a dirt track (850m) not suitable for low vehicles. Simple country style furnishings. Spacious bedrooms. Central heating. The other part of the house is unoccupied.
- Ground floor: entrance, large living-dining room (characterized by an original vaulted ceiling in terracotta) with fireplace, TV, external access, bathroom with shower (window).
- First floor: dining room (seats 6) with two armchairs and TV, opening onto large kitchen-dining room (oven, freezer, dishwasher) with dining table (seats 6) and fireplace. Three double bedrooms, one twin bedroom, bathroom with bath and shower (window and twin sinks).
At guests' disposal: fenced-off pool (6x12m, depth 1.20 - 1.40m open from 30/05- 3/10) on a lower terrace with shower (cold water) and barbecue. Washing machine in an outdoor building. Parking on the property. Extras to be requested at time of booking and paid on site: Tuscan dinners in the house, baby bed (included in the price), two additional folding beds (included in the price). Bedrooms: 4 Bathrooms: 2 Nr. Persons: 8+2 m²: 350.
Weekly prices (7 nights)
|LOW SEASON||MID SEASON||HIGH SEASON||PEAK SEASON|
|€ 1.985,00||€ 2.340,00||€ 2.340,00||€ 2.690,00|
Deposit: € 400,00
Electricity and heating-gas on consumption
Low season: 05/01/ - 23/03 // 06/04/ - 27/04 // 28/09/ - 21/12 // 27/04 - 01/06
Mid and high season:
23/04/ - 06/04 // 21/12 - 04/01/2014 // 01/06 - 29/06 // 31/08 - 28/09
Peak season:29/06/ - 31/08
THE DISCOVERY OF SIENA, THE CRETE SENESI TERRITORY AND THE PARK OF VAL D'ORCIA
A postcard-territory, so you can define the province of Siena, that from the south of Chianti stretches towards the border of Umbria. Soft hills and picturesque landscapes look almost lunar. In these counties there are many villages of natural and cultural interest. The most famous ones are Montalcino, Pienza, San Casciano dei Bagni, Chianciano Terme, Cetona, Montepulciano, Buonconvento, Asciano, San Quirico d'Orcia.
- Sienna: the city itself is worth a visit. Piazza del Campo with its high Torre del Mangia, the Duomo, the Baptistery of San Giovanni, the Piccolomini Library, the Italian Wine Bar and all the noble palaces. Also interesting is the whole countryside with Renaissance villas: Villa Pavo, Villa Gori, Villa Flora, Villa Chigi and Villa Apparita. Do not miss the double summer appointment with the famous Palio (horse race in Piazza del Campo). For bike lovers, we recommend a ride along the way to Gaiole in Chianti from Sienna, renamed "L'Eroica". We also recommend a drive through these beautiful landscapes and villages.
Other destinations recommended:
- Montalcino: the country of the famous Brunello, a wine popular all over the World. This territory is rich in vineyards and beautiful farms. There is also a special train (Montalcino express) that runs all over the place. Castello Banfi, Castello di Argiano, wine tastings of Brunello, the local Museum of Glass and Bottles.
- Pienza: Other UNESCO world heritage site, distinctive for its amazing downtown and its specialties (the pecorino cheese in particular) and taverns.
- Bagno Vignoni: cute little town near Montalcino and Pienza, with its large water square, int the center of the village. Just outside the city are instead the ancient Roman Baths and a picturesque waterfall of spring water.
- Some of the most beautiful villages in Italy: Cetona, Buoconvento, San Casciano dei Bagni (resort with one of the best spa in Europe but also with areas of old water sources free to the public).
- Montepulciano and Chianciano Terme: the village of Montepulciano is very nice and also has traditional gastronomic tradition. From here the road leads to the lands of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, a red wine with great personality.
Chianciano is a modern town with a very popular and large spa resort.
- Castelnuovo Berardenga: town located south of the other towns. Worth a visit arethe park of Villa Saracena, the Certosa di Pontignano and the town of San Gusmè. We also recommend a visit to the Landscape Museum.
For those who love nature:
Sovicille Museum of the Forest
Murlo Mine Railway
Nature Train (an ancient train, with vintage wagons, crossing the Val d'Orcia near Siena, Asciano, Monte Antico, Civitella Paganico)
For those who love sports:
Etruria Golf Club: Via del Poggiolo, 1 Torrita di Siena
Bike Route "L'Eroica", ph +39 0577.280551
Berardenga Horsemanship - Siena
Monte Amiata Skiing, ph +39 0577.775811
For those who love spa:
San Casciano dei Bagni Spa
San Filippo Spa
San Giovanni (Rapolano) Spa